Thursday, March 27, 2014

(Not So) Chance Meeting

My finger hovered over the enter key.

I had painstakingly looked at the VIP seats.

Tediously entered the digits from my credit card number.

Tenuously requested a parking ticket at extra cost.

But, I wasn't sure how much I wanted to commit. Sure, it's a meet and greet with Jillian Michaels. The Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser and health and fitness books and work-out videos. But, the price was steep.

It was several years ago when a friend got me interested in The Biggest Loser. She was a Bob fan. I fell for Jillian and her no-excuse, no-nonsense, let's-get-this-done personality. We had many discussions (during massage sessions, no less) on why we thought out chosen trainer was better and what the show's results rendered but I was steadfast.

I even bought her 30 Day Shred DVD. That tiny disc managed to squeeze in all her no-nonsense attitude and spit it out in all the right places to kick my ass. Quite effectively, might I add.

Intrigued, I did some more interwebs research and discovered Master Your Metabolism. I bought it, along with more DVD's with her name on it. Her point of view and process was what I had been saying for years - in my dark little corner. Unnoticed. Finally, someone who thought like I did. I was impressed.

I read her book.

I was more impressed.

Fast forward a few years and I don't exclusively use her DVD's but I revert back to them regularly. In fact, I'm thinking another round of 30 Day Shred may be in order. Maybe....

My finger still hovering over the enter button, I asked my husband his opinion. He was his usual helpful self (Um, not very)....I hit the button.

I had a massive migraine - not completely positive what caused it - but her Maximize Your Life tour was phenomenal! Her views really haven't changed, if anything they've increased. I don't know that I "learned" anything new from her, its everything I've been saying since I was in my teens and the changes I try to make and live by each day of my life.

Still, every bit of vivacious, happy, and genuine-like characters you see in anything she's in is exactly how she is on stage and exactly how she is in person!

She gave me a hug when it was turn. I don't do hugs - ask anybody that truly knows me. Not my thing. She leaned back and demanded if I really called that a hug! I submitted with a real, arm-around-the-body hug then we posed. I would have loved to say there was more of a connection but my migraine was so bad it was taking all I had not to just lie on the floor or get sick.

Besides, I really didn't know what to say. I mean, I know a lot about her but I don't really know her. And she knows even less about me.

And, I'm just an awkward person by nature. True story.

Before I walked completely away she grabbed my hand and told me to have a safe drive home. It was actually very sweet.

I want to meet her again! And if I do, I finally thought of a question for her:
Jillian, how do I become your massage therapist?

No comments:

Post a Comment